Innovate UK Zero Emission Propulsion CR&D – sUAS Information – The Enterprise of Drones
Innovate UK, a part of UK Analysis and Innovation, will work with the business to speculate as much as £10 million in innovation initiatives.
As a part of the Future Economic system Web Zero programme, this competitors will concentrate on internet zero propulsion. This programme will assist the federal government’s drive for zero-emission transport and techniques as a part of the web zero dedication for 2050.
Your proposal should align to the scope of this competitors.In making use of to this competitors, you’re getting into right into a aggressive course of. This competitors closes at 11am UK time on the deadline acknowledged.
The intention of this competitors, as a part of the Innovate UK-funded internet zero mobility programme, is to assist future propulsion applied sciences for the transport sector.
We are going to fund collaborative analysis initiatives protecting propulsion applied sciences solely. Your undertaking should exhibit important enhancements in internet zero propulsion applied sciences which can apply throughout a number of transport modes.
The programme goals to construct on earlier sector-specific mobility programmes by making a cross-sector platform. You’re inspired to use your information and functionality to adjoining transport sectors together with automotive, aerospace, maritime and rail.
Your undertaking should concentrate on a number of of the next transport sectors:
- Maritime: Clear maritime applied sciences for all sizes and classes of maritime vessel are in scope. Options may be appropriate for one goal measurement of vessel or a number of. Leisure and industrial vessels are in scope.
- Rail: Applied sciences can goal all locomotive courses together with these for freight and passenger carrying companies and carriages.
- Automotive: Applied sciences can cowl each area of interest and mainstream on and off-road autos. This consists of classes L (mopeds and bikes solely), M (automobile and passenger carrying) and N (items autos). Building autos and particular use autos reminiscent of emergency autos (for instance, ambulances and fireplace engines), refuse assortment autos, and leisure autos (for instance, motorhomes) are additionally eligible. There are restrictions on the usage of hydrogen combustion.
- Aerospace: Applied sciences for drones or unmanned plane techniques (UAS), superior air mobility (AAM), electrical or hybrid passenger plane.
Your undertaking should handle a number of of the next:
- improved vary and total system efficiency functionality
- decreased whole value of possession
- adoption of and transition to zero emission finish merchandise
- strengthening of the UK provide chain
Your proposal should exhibit a necessity by together with an finish buyer reminiscent of Tier 1 or unique gear producer (OEM) inside your consortium. They could be a funded companion or non-funded undertaking adviser.
You’ll be required to exhibit a powerful path to market place as a part of your software.
Your undertaking should:
- develop on-vehicle or on-vessel applied sciences that ship internet zero options, rushing up their introduction to the market.
- develop applied sciences for brand spanking new or retrofit purposes, centered on extremely built-in car techniques and price discount
- justify how the know-how achieves total car effectivity, as particular person half or part enchancment will not be in scope, except there may be additionally consideration of total system affect
- ship industrial, societal and environmental affect out of your innovation
- profit the UK plc, for instance by rising and securing the UK’s provide chain, growing functionality, while bettering productiveness, effectivity and competitiveness
- proof that your options are intently aligned with business priorities to ship enterprise oriented alternatives
- considerably enhance total car or vessel effectivity and lifecycle CO2 emissions
- if relevant, validate the know-how in a related atmosphere, for instance in a testbed, by way of a growth mule or an tailored present manufacturing car or vessel for larger maturity applied sciences
Your proposal can describe how you’ll handle:
- the circularity of the supplies used and finish of life pathways for instance, reuse and recycling
- compliance with regulation and the way you’ll work with related regulatory our bodies for novel applied sciences sooner or later
- the manufacturing and commercialisation of your know-how at a worth the market is prepared to pay
By the top of your undertaking, you should ship a know-how development. This should advance your innovation to between experimental proof of idea and validation in a related atmosphere.
We wish to fund quite a lot of initiatives throughout totally different applied sciences, markets and technological maturities. We name this a portfolio approach.
Your undertaking should advance applied sciences in a number of of the next areas:
- electrical propulsion applied sciences
- gasoline cells for electrical propulsion
- PEMD (energy electronics machines and drives) techniques for electrified powertrains for autos, locomotives or vessels
- power storage applied sciences (excluding batteries) and power administration software program and controls
- integration (system or part stage) of electrical propulsion applied sciences
- vary extenders which are zero emission and don’t emit greenhouse gases, this could embody on car power era
- on platform gasoline storage, together with hydrogen tanks
- hydrogen inside combustion engine applied sciences, with restricted use on sure purposes reminiscent of non-road purposes
- power environment friendly electrification for traction and non-traction rail autos, and bi-mode locomotives (hydrogen and battery powered)
- wind propulsion, together with soft-sail, fixed-sail, rotor, kite and turbine applied sciences
We are going to fund industrial analysis initiatives, as outlined within the guidance on categories of research.
Tasks we is not going to fund
We’re not funding initiatives that:
- don’t handle internet zero mobility propulsion
- are battery developments, for instance, battery supplies or cell growth
- are gasoline or power vector developments, reminiscent of sustainable fuels, artificial fuels, bio-based fuels, manufacturing of fuels, together with the manufacturing of hydrogen or ammonia
- are for off-vehicle applied sciences reminiscent of car or vessel charging options
- are primarily based round inside combustion engines (ICE) which emit greenhouse gases (GHG) or hybrid engines which embody GHG emitting elements
- concentrate on micro mobility
- have supplies growth or gentle weighting the platform (for instance supplies or gentle weighting on the platform which isn’t a part of the propulsion system or car constructions)
- are manufacturing applied sciences for brand spanking new propulsion techniques
- are auxiliary techniques, for instance, refrigeration items
- are propellor or propulsor design which doesn’t embody some other points of integration
- are enterprise as ordinary and don’t exhibit important innovation
- don’t profit the UK
For initiatives centered on hydrogen combustion, we can not fund initiatives, the place the transport software falls into the a number of of the next classifications:
- gentle industrial autos underneath 7.5t, class N, O 1 to three
- buses of any weight or measurement classification, class M2 and M3
- motor caravan, campervan, motorhome
- lorries (vans), 2 axles or extra with a most gross weight (tonnes) of seven.5 or above
- particular objective car together with emergency response autos
We can not fund initiatives which are:
- depending on export efficiency, for instance giving a subsidy to a baker on the situation that it exports a sure amount of bread to a different nation
- depending on home inputs utilization, for instance giving a subsidy to a baker on the situation that it makes use of 50% UK flour of their product
17 October 2022 Competitors opens
20 October 2022 On-line briefing occasion: register to attend
7 December 2022 11:00am Competitors closes
13 January 2023 invite to interview
13 February 2023 interviews begin
17 February 2023 Interviews finish
24 February 2023 Candidates notified