Your Safe Internet Gateway Wants a Cloud Makeover
Not too way back, most staff labored at company places of work, accessing all of their apps and knowledge from the company knowledge heart. Groups of community and safety professionals labored diligently to guard staff and safe workplace environments from the threats that lurked exterior their partitions, deploying a variety of on-premises home equipment, together with net proxy home equipment, to supply staff with safe web entry.
Cloud and Hybrid Work Modified Every part
Quick ahead to as we speak and we see vital numbers of staff steadily working from anyplace however their company places of work. On the identical time, the information heart is not the middle of the universe. Staff now entry a wide range of work purposes and knowledge shops, that reside each within the cloud in addition to the on-premises knowledge heart, from anywhere–including their residence places of work, espresso outlets, parks, and more–via a mixture of employer-provided and private gadgets. So what does the brand new world of working from in all places imply for an on-premises knowledge heart secured with legacy, on-premises net proxy home equipment? And the way does this conventional structure influence distant employee entry and productiveness?
Research exhibits that this paradigm poses vital challenges for safety professionals, together with:
- Restricted app protection. Over half of all distant workforce threats are for non-web apps, a overwhelming majority of that are invisible to net proxies. Safety groups can’t block what they’ll’t see, and the danger of a knowledge breach will increase with out safety for any and all web site visitors – net and non-web apps.
- Incomplete safety. Multi-vendor legacy merchandise fail to supply full, constant safety throughout all customers and places. On-premises net proxy home equipment weren’t designed for entry to cloud-based apps, in order that they lack the pliability and scalability required in as we speak’s environments. Additionally, the dearth of built-in safety insurance policies, single-pane-of-glass administration, and restricted visibility expose organizations to superior threats.
- Poor end-user expertise.
Distant staff usually battle with gradual efficiency attributable to backhauling all internet-bound site visitors to the on-premises datacenter for inspection. This strategy made sense when most customers have been on the foremost workplace or when organizations have been pressured to centralize the safety stack. This legacy structure ends in bottlenecks now that almost all staff are distant. The mixture of poor efficiency, inconsistent app entry that may range based mostly on the consumer’s location and gadget permissions, lead to friction and pissed off customers, and extra calls to the IT help desk.
A Fashionable, Full, Cloud-Delivered Answer
Research from ESG Global
exhibits that many organizations are open to a brand new safe net gateway strategy, with solely 8% of survey respondents indicating they’re very glad with their present resolution and never planning to vary anytime quickly. Many organizations have already made the choice to transition from on-premises net safety to a cloud-delivered choice to enhance scale and consumer expertise. Now it’s a matter of choosing the appropriate resolution that can safe all web site visitors, not a subset of it. Do not be fooled by net proxies which have merely shifted their location to another person’s knowledge heart. Their behavior-by-design nonetheless limits their capacity to examine web site visitors to ‘proxyable’ purposes and never a lot else.
At present, organizations require an answer that seamlessly protects their staff as they entry net and non-web purposes from nearly anyplace. The cloud secure web gateway
capabilities of Prisma Access ship fashionable, full cloud safety, in addition to:
- Safety for all app site visitors, with inspection capabilities for all apps and securing in opposition to all threats, not simply web-based apps and threats, decreasing the danger of a knowledge breach by up to 45%.
- Full, best-in-class safety with industry-leading capabilities converged right into a single cloud-delivered platform, offering extra safety protection than some other resolution with 4.3M distinctive safety updates per day, 24.5x greater than our nearest competitor.
- Distinctive consumer expertise with our massively scalable community that gives ultra-low safety processing latency, backed by industry-leading SLAs, ensures the perfect digital expertise attainable for end-users. We offer 10x extra whole encrypted tunnel throughput than the closest competitor, with efficiency SLAs which can be 10x higher than some other cloud-delivered service.
Learn the way the cloud secure web gateway
capabilities in Prisma Entry may help your group shield all customers and purposes, in all places.
Jason Georgi serves as Palo Alto Networks’ international Subject CTO for Prisma Entry and Prisma SASE. He focuses on constructing C-level relationships and advising consumer executives on the strategic alignment of cloud-delivered safety options as enablers of shoppers’ cloud transformation journey.