With Musk’s buy accomplished, NYSE will delist Twitter inventory on Election Day • TechCrunch
To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s greatest and most necessary tales delivered to your inbox every single day at 3 p.m. PDT, subscribe here.
Completely happy Friday! Haje is having fun with some down time on the East Coast, so I’m operating solo. As you may see from the not-so-surprising move by Elon Musk final night time and the sheer variety of Twitter tales from our fabulous shopper tech group at the moment, it has been all Twitter, all day. We promise to present you somewhat little bit of that, after all, and somewhat of what else we’ve been engaged on. Let’s dive in, we could? — Christine
The TechCrunch Prime 3
- Flying the public coop: Now that Elon Musk owns Twitter, its days are numbered as a public firm. In reality, Ivan writes, Twitter will probably be delisted on November 8 — voting day for the U.S. midterm elections.
- Caging the bird: Over to Europe, the place only a few hours into really proudly owning Twitter, Musk already discovered himself on the mistaken finish of European Union officers, who corrected him after he tweeted about how free he thinks Twitter is now. Natasha L has extra.
- Big Tweet Chief: Stories now say that Musk will take the CEO function for himself, Ivan writes, after he ousted Twitter’s four top executives, as reported by Amanda.
For extra information on the blue fowl, head all the way down to the Massive Tech Inc. part, the place we’ve got you coated.
Startups and VC
Sadly, the hits keep coming for 54gene, an African genomics startup targeted on offering extra African genetic materials to pharmaceutical analysis — there may be simply 3% now, Tage stories. After some months of layoffs and a CEO exit, the corporate confirmed that it not solely made yet one more spherical of layoffs — this time of 100 folks — nevertheless it additionally slashed its valuation by over $100 million.
And we’ve got three extra for you:
- Robotic riot: Galen Robotics has a new robot that can help with ear, nostril and throat surgical procedures. Oh, and it secured $15 million in new funding, Andrew stories.
- Comply with the yellow brick highway: Sport studio Hidden Door is using narrative AI to show fiction into immersive role-playing experiences, and Rebecca writes it’s testing out “The Wizard of Oz.”
- Does anybody else use this phrase?: I used to be delighted to see that there’s a firm named Skidattl. The corporate is utilizing augmented actuality to point out customers what individuals are doing round them, in what Rebecca writes is “like a Bat-Signal for fun.”
5 methods biotech startups can mitigate threat to develop sustainably in the long term
Due to R&D and scientific trials, life science startups have lengthy lead instances earlier than they’ll carry their capital-intensive merchandise to market.
“However,” asks Omar Khalil, a companion at Santé Ventures, “what occurs when the funding instantly dries up?”
In a visitor submit for TC+, he shares 5 methods for biotech startups which can be making an attempt to remain heat by the winter forward.
“It’s nonetheless too early to know whether or not this can be a short-term correction, or if it’s a brand new regular that will probably be maintained for the foreseeable future.”
Three extra from the TC+ group:
Massive Tech Inc.
As promised, we’ve got much more Twitter information so that you can take pleasure in. As I write this, a number of of my colleagues hopped on Twitter Areas to speak about all this. One of many newest bits of stories from Taylor was that Elon Musk was forming a content moderation “council” to make sure selections — for instance, about account reinstatements for, cough, Donald Trump. Right here’s two extra:
Catching you up on extra earnings stories:
And we’ve got 4 extra for you: