Eclipse GlassFish 7.0, a Java utility server that implements the Jakarta EE 10 framework for enterprise-level Java deployments, has reached basic availability.
Launched December 14 and downloadable from the Eclipse Foundation, GlassFish 7.0 options Jakarta EE 10 APIs and implementation elements. Jakarta EE 10 was revealed in September, with an emphasis on constructing cloud-native Java functions and microservices. GlassFish 7 comprises closing APIs and implementation elements for Jakarta EE 10 and compiles and runs on Java Improvement Package (JDK) 11 via JDK 19.
GlassFish 7 options embrace:
- Assist for MicroProfile’s Config and JWT (Json Internet Tokens) APIs. MicroProfile offers microservices capabilities for enterprise Java.
- Assist for the most recent Jakarta MVC 2.0
- An overhaul and cleanup of the DOL (Deployment Object Library) module.
- Fixes for logging beneath excessive load at detailed log ranges.
- Improved beginning and stopping of GlassFish servers, which has been revisited to work higher on fashionable working methods and fashionable environments.
- Updating of many non-Jakarta EE elements, equivalent to updating from OSGi 7 to OSGI 8.
Lengthy a reference implementation for enterprise Java, GlassFish beforehand was beneath the jurisdiction of Oracle and, earlier than that, Solar Microsystems. Eclipse took over stewardship of Java EE in 2017, which included GlassFish, after Oracle determined to shed its management of Java EE growth.
Along with implementing all required and elective Jakarta EE APIs, GlassFish has handed Jakarta EE TCK checks (Know-how Compatibility Package). GlassFish additionally options are an administration console, clustering assist, and different developer and manufacturing instruments.